Global Affairs Canada
Faculty Mobility for Partnership Building Program (2021-22)
The program awards grants to Canadian faculty members to travel to partner institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean, to develop new partnerships or strengthen existing collaborations. Proposals can focus on research, teaching, or a combination of research and teaching.
Deadline: February 25, 2021
Maximum value: 7,000 CAD
Duration: 3-8 weeks (can be extended / combined with other sources of funding)
Eligibility: Full-time faculty from recognized Canadian institutions, proposing to teach or conduct research in the following ELAP countries:
- Caribbean: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos;
- Central America: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama;
- North America: Mexico;
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Potential for the project to advance institutional partnership between the home and host institutions of the candidate;
- Quality and feasibility of teaching or research activities undertaken;
- Accuracy of the budget;
- Qualifications of the participant relative to the planned activities
Canadian institutions apply on behalf of their faculty.
More information is available on the Government of Canada International Scholarships site: