Global Affairs Canada
CANCELLED for 2023-24; the next call is expected Fall 2023 for FY 2023-24
Faculty Mobility for Partnership Building Program (2022-23)
The program awards grants to Canadian faculty members to travel to partner institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean, to develop new partnerships or strengthen existing collaborations. Proposals can focus on research, teaching, or a combination of research and teaching.
Deadline: December 2, 2021 (Canadian universities may have their own internal deadlines)
Maximum value: 7,000 CAD
Duration: 3-8 weeks (can be extended / combined with other sources of funding)
Eligibility: Full-time faculty from recognized Canadian institutions, proposing to teach or conduct research in the following ELAP countries:
- Caribbean: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos;
- Central America: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama;
- North America: Mexico;
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Potential for the project to create or advance institutional partnerships between the home and host institutions of the candidate;
- Evidence that the proposed partnership-building activities can be completed successfully
- Overall quality of proposed activities.
Canadian institutions apply on behalf of their faculty.
More information is available on the Government of Canada International Scholarships site: